South Africa's reigning champion rider, Gavin Lerena, booted home the last two winners to take top honors in the Dec. 9 Longines International Jockeys' Championship at a rain-soaked Happy Valley Racecourse.
Headed by Victor Espinoza and Ryan Moore, some of the world's top riders will compete in the Longines International Jockeys' Championship Dec. 9 at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong.
TVG has announced it will begin offering commingled pari-mutuel wagering on, and live television coverage of, horse races from Happy Valley and Sha Tin racecourses in Hong Kong, which routinely attract large wagering pools.
Even as they welcome the inner circle of racing to the Dec. 9 Longines Hong Kong International Races, local racing officials in that country are busily harnessing digital technology in search of new, young fans.
Three European-based jockeys posted one victory each to share the top spot in the 2009 Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship at Hong Kong's Happy Valley Racecourse.
Japan Cup (Jpn-I) winner Alkaased is just one of many international standouts expected for the Dec. 11 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury