South Africa's reigning champion rider, Gavin Lerena, booted home the last two winners to take top honors in the Dec. 9 Longines International Jockeys' Championship at a rain-soaked Happy Valley Racecourse.
Headed by Victor Espinoza and Ryan Moore, some of the world's top riders will compete in the Longines International Jockeys' Championship Dec. 9 at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong.
TVG has announced it will begin offering commingled pari-mutuel wagering on, and live television coverage of, horse races from Happy Valley and Sha Tin racecourses in Hong Kong, which routinely attract large wagering pools.
Even as they welcome the inner circle of racing to the Dec. 9 Longines Hong Kong International Races, local racing officials in that country are busily harnessing digital technology in search of new, young fans.
Three European-based jockeys posted one victory each to share the top spot in the 2009 Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship at Hong Kong's Happy Valley Racecourse.
Japan Cup (Jpn-I) winner Alkaased is just one of many international standouts expected for the Dec. 11 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races at Sha Tin Racecourse.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet