Divine Park colt brings $110,000 to top the 10th session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20. With one session remaining, business has remained strong compared to year-ago numbers.
The first half of Book Four of the Keeneland September yearling sale sees fillies fill the top three price slots.
Multiple graded stakes winner Silver Medallion has been retired following a suspensory ligament injury he sustained during a workout at Belmont Park.
Teeth of the Dog, a 15-1 shot for the May 19 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), was bred by a farm with roots in Azerbaijan.
Here are some things people have had to say that didn't make it into my stories. read blog
A handsome Tapit colt commanded $1 million during the second hour of the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
A Medaglia d'Oro -- Violent Beauty, by Gone West, colt (Hip No. 469) was purchased by Black Rock Stable for $600,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales consignment during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Blake Agency's Ron Blake and Lexington-based bloodstock agent Hanzly Albina are combining their business interests and are forming a new company called Blake-Albina Thoroughbred Services.
Mammad Huseynov, who purchased the sale-topping Don Gato at the 2008 Keeneland April 2-year-old in training sale, has purchased a near 100-acre farm near Lexington with plans to launch a breeding operation.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival