Race favorite Major Emblem stamped herself Japan's champion 2-year-old filly of 2015 in capturing the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 13 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Red Reveur kept her perfect record intact Dec. 8 when holding back hard-charging race favorite Harp Star by a nose in a rousing finish to the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Robe Tissage captured Japan's premier race for young fillies Dec. 9 when closing powerfully in the stretch and edging past Kurofune Surprise in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
The Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) drew a full field of 18 headed by stakes winners Collector Item and Sound Rihanna, who will square off in Japan's championship race for the division Dec. 9.
Joie de Vivre, half sister to multiple grade I winner Buena Vista, claimed her first grade I title in the $1.5 million Hanshin Juvenile Fillies.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch