Red Reveur kept her perfect record intact Dec. 8 when holding back hard-charging race favorite Harp Star by a nose in a rousing finish to the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Robe Tissage captured Japan's premier race for young fillies Dec. 9 when closing powerfully in the stretch and edging past Kurofune Surprise in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
The Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) drew a full field of 18 headed by stakes winners Collector Item and Sound Rihanna, who will square off in Japan's championship race for the division Dec. 9.
Joie de Vivre, half sister to multiple grade I winner Buena Vista, claimed her first grade I title in the $1.5 million Hanshin Juvenile Fillies.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer