The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that Mike Mayo and Ron Rippey have been selected to the inaugural class of the National Handicapping Championship Hall of Fame.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 11 the 2015 Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour will offer record prize money of $250,000, up 25% from 2014.
Handicapping tournaments are an important growth area for horse racing, say racetrack officials and horse players. One professional handicapper urges the industry not to stop here but to push forward with exchange wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired