The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that Mike Mayo and Ron Rippey have been selected to the inaugural class of the National Handicapping Championship Hall of Fame.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 11 the 2015 Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour will offer record prize money of $250,000, up 25% from 2014.
Handicapping tournaments are an important growth area for horse racing, say racetrack officials and horse players. One professional handicapper urges the industry not to stop here but to push forward with exchange wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- American Pharoah Schools at Monmouth
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar