The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that Mike Mayo and Ron Rippey have been selected to the inaugural class of the National Handicapping Championship Hall of Fame.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 11 the 2015 Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour will offer record prize money of $250,000, up 25% from 2014.
Handicapping tournaments are an important growth area for horse racing, say racetrack officials and horse players. One professional handicapper urges the industry not to stop here but to push forward with exchange wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic