The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that Mike Mayo and Ron Rippey have been selected to the inaugural class of the National Handicapping Championship Hall of Fame.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 11 the 2015 Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour will offer record prize money of $250,000, up 25% from 2014.
Handicapping tournaments are an important growth area for horse racing, say racetrack officials and horse players. One professional handicapper urges the industry not to stop here but to push forward with exchange wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely