The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has announced that Mike Mayo and Ron Rippey have been selected to the inaugural class of the National Handicapping Championship Hall of Fame.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association said Dec. 11 the 2015 Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour will offer record prize money of $250,000, up 25% from 2014.
Handicapping tournaments are an important growth area for horse racing, say racetrack officials and horse players. One professional handicapper urges the industry not to stop here but to push forward with exchange wagering.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx