Officials at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort are in a battle with the Hancock County Board of Health over plans for an ordinance that would ban smoking in all public places, including outdoor areas.
- By Ryan Conley
MTR Gaming Group realized a 40% increase in net revenues for the second quarter, according to financials released Aug. 9, but recorded a net loss of $502,000 as the company battled slots competition from neighboring Pennsylvania.
The company that owns Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort is attempting to focus on its core holdings, and on June 30 will find out whether it can add table games at the West Virginia facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Irish Jasper Draws Away in Victory Ride
- Trainer Desormeaux in New York State of Mind
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Front-Running Golden Horn Rolls in Eclipse
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery