Grade I winner Forte Dei Marmi, Canada's Sovereign Award-winning grass horse of 2013, heads a field of six entered for the $150,000 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) July 6 at Woodbine.
Alpha Bettor, the Sovereign Award winner as Canada's champion older horse of 2013, defends his title in the $200,000 Eclipse Stakes (Can-II) against eight rivals June 1 on the Woodbine Polytrack.
Forte Dei Marmi, looking to improve on his third-place effort of a year ago, heads a field of seven entered in the $300,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) Presented by Vtech Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
The 7-year-old Selkirk gelding won his second Sky Classic Stakes in course record time, shaving more than two seconds off his final time in 2012.
So Long George, reunited with jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson, produced his first stakes victory at odds of 10-1 in the Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 21 over the Woodbine turf.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
The filly Hard Not to Like romped to victory over her male counterparts in the $247,921 Cup and Saucer Stakes over a soft turf course at Woodbine Oct. 15. A pair of horses pulled up early.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year