Charles Fipke's homebred grade I winner Java's War will look to return to winning form in the $150,000 Singspiel Stakes (Can-III) July 5, his first graded try since his 3-year-old season in 2013.
A month after tangling in the Nassau Stakes (gr. IIT), five fillies will face a handful of new shooters in the Dance Smartly (Can-IIT) at Woodbine July 5.
Queen of The Sand rebounded from an eighth-place finish in the Santa Ana Stakes (gr. IIT) March 15 to claim her first graded victory in the $150,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 18 at Santa Anita Park.
Mutliple grade II winner Stormy Lucy is the 124-pound highweight in the June 28 Royal Heroine Stakes (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park that is expected to mark the U.S. debut of New Zealand champion Habibi.
George Strawbridge Jr's Augustin Stables has privately acquired New Zealand standout filly Habibi, who defeated males in this year's TV3 New Zealand Derby (NZ-I).
Sacred Falls defeated favorite Pierro in the Doncaster Handicap (Aus-I) and Royal Descent scored an eye-catching victory in the Australian Oaks (Aus-I) to give trainer Chris Waller a group I double April 20 Royal Randwick.
Fillies took the top two spots in the New Zealand Derby (NZ-I) March 2 at Ellerslie, with Habibi winning by a half-length over Fix in a thrilling finish.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame