Live Oak Plantation's Revved Up overtook pacesetter Gwaihir near the top of the stretch and cruised to a two-length victory in the $197,750 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park on Sunday.
Swagger Stick, nominated to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) next month by trainer Graham Motion, gets the opportunity to prove himself on the Chicago-area track's turf course in Sunday's $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
A group of 10 3-year-olds passed the entry box for Saturday's Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), one of the season's last major stakes races restricted to sophomores. Al and Saundra Kirkwood's European import Gwaihir is the highweighted entry at 117 pounds.
Seattle Borders, a graded stakes winner from the barn of Bobby Frankel, heads a field of nine in Saturday's $100,000 La Puente Stakes, a turf mile for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park.
One of the top juveniles of last year will need a bit of help in order to make his 2004 debut in the $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing