Live Oak Plantation's Revved Up overtook pacesetter Gwaihir near the top of the stretch and cruised to a two-length victory in the $197,750 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park on Sunday.
Swagger Stick, nominated to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) next month by trainer Graham Motion, gets the opportunity to prove himself on the Chicago-area track's turf course in Sunday's $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
A group of 10 3-year-olds passed the entry box for Saturday's Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), one of the season's last major stakes races restricted to sophomores. Al and Saundra Kirkwood's European import Gwaihir is the highweighted entry at 117 pounds.
Seattle Borders, a graded stakes winner from the barn of Bobby Frankel, heads a field of nine in Saturday's $100,000 La Puente Stakes, a turf mile for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park.
One of the top juveniles of last year will need a bit of help in order to make his 2004 debut in the $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly