The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
The company that operates a casino at New York's Aqueduct Race Track is partnering with Florida racing and breeding interests to construct a "waterfront slots only Thoroughbred inspired resort" in Miami.
Adena Springs Farm owner Frank Stronach has been selected to receive the inaugural Earle I. Mack Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Champion Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch