Lynn and Kathy Jones have been in the horse business for 35 years. The Central Kentucky couple will enjoy their trip to Churchill Downs this year as the breeders of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Birdatthewire.
Forum Racing's Birdathewire flipped the script on familiar rivals Ekati's Phaeton and Eskenformoney March 28 with a closing victory in the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II).
In Tune, yet to be headed in her two prior starts for trainer Todd Pletcher, faces her toughest challenge yet when she clashes with seven other promising 3-year-old fillies in the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) March 29.
Stonestreet Stables' homebred Dreaming of Julia left her connections dreaming of victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when she devastated the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) March 30 at Gulfstream Park by 21 3/4 lengths.
Live Lively, expected to be one of the favorites for the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) following two impressive wins at the meet, breezed a half-mile in :49.78 on the morning of March 24 at Palm Meadows.
Gulfstream Park's combined pari-mutuel handle the weekend of April 2-3 was $33.6 million, shattering the previous weekend record set last year in Gulfstream's new building by 29%.
E. Paul Robsham Stable's 3-year-old filly R Heat Lightning drilled a bullet half-mile in :47 3/4 at Gulfstream Park March 27 for her role as the likely favorite in the April 2 Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 8/04/2015
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding