Newsdad and Nikki's Sandcastle, winners of the past two runnings of Keeneland's Fayette Stakes (gr. II), top the field of 10 older runners entered for the Lexington track's $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) April 19.
With owner Mandy Pope on hand, two-time champion Groupie Doll breezed Feb. 2 at Gulfstream Park & Casino in preparation for her final career start in the Feb. 9 Hurricane Bertie Stakes.
Gulfstream Park announced a record $10.75 million stakes program for its 2013-14 meet that consists of 61 stakes, highlighted by the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm