Newsdad and Nikki's Sandcastle, winners of the past two runnings of Keeneland's Fayette Stakes (gr. II), top the field of 10 older runners entered for the Lexington track's $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) April 19.
With owner Mandy Pope on hand, two-time champion Groupie Doll breezed Feb. 2 at Gulfstream Park & Casino in preparation for her final career start in the Feb. 9 Hurricane Bertie Stakes.
Gulfstream Park announced a record $10.75 million stakes program for its 2013-14 meet that consists of 61 stakes, highlighted by the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud