Multiple grade II winner Kensei, a half brother to champion Lookin At Lucky, was euthanized Aug. 23 after breaking down during a gallop over the Belmont Park training track.
Henny Hughes came through with his first winner when his son Dalamar scored July 21 at Delaware Park.
Steve Davidson and Randy Gullatt's Twin Creeks Farm went to $325,000 for Miss Catalyst, a stakes-winning daughter of Mr. Greeley, who tops the Jan. 11 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
California graded stakes winner E Z Warrior will enter stud in 2010 at Applebite Farms near French Camp, Calif.
Grade I winner Roman Ruler, whose first two winners won outside the United States, was represented by three winners in the U.S. July 5.
Centennial Farms' Chelokee will stand the 2009 breeding season at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington.
Grade II winner Salute the Sarge will stand in 2009 at John T. L. Jones III's Walmac Farm near Lexington.
Many of this year's candidates for the Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I), were offered at public auction before they began their racing careers. Two sold for more than $1 million apiece, but you could have purchased some of them for less than $100,000.
Bolsa, an 8-year-old daughter of Mr. Prospector in foal to Deputy Commander brought a top price of $400,000 during Monday's session of Keeneland's November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win