An Invincible Spirit colt sold to Nicolas de Watrigant of Mandore International for a record-shattering Arqana breeze-up price of 750,000 Euros ($1,032,119 in United States funds) May 10 at Saint-Cloud.
A filly by Darley sire Exceed And Excel brought a sale record price at the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales breeze-up auction April 24.
Just 24 hours after a High Chaparral colt set a European record for a breeze-up sale, the high water mark was moved again when a 2-year-old War Front colt from Willie Browne's Mocklershill was sold for 1,150,000 guineas.
Went the Day Well, winner of the 2012 Spiral Stakes (gr. III) and fourth after traffic trouble in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), returns March 3 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Day two of Doncaster's St. Leger yearling sale generated a gross of £5,036,500 (approximately $9,281,313), which represented a decline of 17.9% from 2007. The £37,868 average price and £30,000 median price, for the 133 horses sold, fell 4.9% and 4.8%, respectively, Aug. 27. The buy-back rate was 16.4%.
The final lot into the ring, a Danehill Dancer colt out of Promising Lady (by Thunder Gulch), topped Friday's session of Tattersalls' October yearling sale when bought by Grove Stud's Brendan Holland for 40,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Officials: Penalty System Key Part of Program
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland