Merry Fox Stud's homebred Second Step ran down pacesetter Ito close to home and landed the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) in his first start at the top level Aug. 9 at Hoppegarten.
British raider Garswood easily held French filly Thawaany through the final 200 meters and won the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) in a top-level breakthrough Aug. 10 at Deauville.
German classic-placed Nymphea became the first group I winner for Coolmore sire Dylan Thomas when she captured the Grosser Preis von Berlin July 21 at Berlin-Hoppegarten.
Meandre continued his winning ways with a decisive 1 1/4-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 22.
Danedream, one of only two 3-year-olds in the field, displayed a brilliant turn of foot when she rolled to an impressive five-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies