Merry Fox Stud's homebred Second Step ran down pacesetter Ito close to home and landed the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) in his first start at the top level Aug. 9 at Hoppegarten.
British raider Garswood easily held French filly Thawaany through the final 200 meters and won the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) in a top-level breakthrough Aug. 10 at Deauville.
German classic-placed Nymphea became the first group I winner for Coolmore sire Dylan Thomas when she captured the Grosser Preis von Berlin July 21 at Berlin-Hoppegarten.
Meandre continued his winning ways with a decisive 1 1/4-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 22.
Danedream, one of only two 3-year-olds in the field, displayed a brilliant turn of foot when she rolled to an impressive five-length victory in the Grosser Preis von Berlin (Ger-I) at Hoppegarten July 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night