The Groom Elite Program is undergoing a restructuring to meet increased demand for its services, officials said Jan. 15.
Reid McLellan, executive director of the Groom Elite Program, and Saginaw, a winner of nine stakes since his claim for $30,000 in March 2012, were honored by the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
The Klein Family Learning Center and the Groom Elite Program will offer a three-day course in "Elite Grooming for Racehorse Owners" at sites in Louisville and Lexington March 23-25.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's board of directors held its fourth-quarter meeting Thursday. The meeting took place at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz., site of the University of Arizona's Symposium on Racing.
Thistledown is launching the Groom Elite Program in Ohio. The 14-week program is designed to teach stable area employees horse handling skills and knowledge in equine care that will increase the availability of qualified, trained professional help in the stable area.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus