Multiple graded stakes winner Battle of Hastings, who suffered a condylar fracture to his right front leg during the May 7 Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs, came out of surgery well May 8.
Tough racing luck has kept Rated Fiesty from maintaining the undefeated streak she enjoyed as a juvenile. The daughter of Exchange Rate, owned by Heiligbrodt Racing Stable and JMJ Racing Stable, tries again to reach the winner's circle for the first time this season Oct. 18 when she faces a dozen 3-year-old fillies in the $300,000 Lexus Raven Run Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Michael Cooper and Pamela Ziebarth's Kentucky homebred Tizdejavu made his sire, multiple champion Tiznow proud in posting a gate-to-wire victory as heavy rains continued in the May 2 Crown Royal American Turf (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Slew's Tizzy had his final major pre-Belmont Stakes workout Saturday morning at The Thoroughbred Training Center in Lexington, Ky. The colt breezed a half mile over the facility's conventional dirt track for trainer Gregory Fox.
Slew's Tizzy, a hard luck colt on the Fair Grounds Triple Crown path this spring, woke up when returned to Polytrack Saturday, going virtually gate to wire to spring a 40-1 upset in the $325,000 Coolmore Lexington Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win