Bill Cubbedge's Molly Morgan took to a class drop and eked out a victory Aug. 9 in the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III), staving off the late run of Tapit's World to claim the Ellis Park test by a head.
Bill Cubbedge's Molly Morgan shot through an opening along the rail on the final turn and drew away to an easy upset victory in the $216,200 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs the evening of June 14.
The $150,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) set up perfectly for a closer at Calder Casino & Race Course on July 6, and Mico Margarita took full advantage to win his first graded stakes for J. Kirk and Judy Robison.
- By Ron Mitchell
Consultant Jerry Brown, who was awarded $25,000 for his role in the sale of Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, has appealed that ruling, contending that he is owed more than $4.7 million.
A Circuit Court judge in Kentucky has awarded Jerry Brown, who operates Thoro-Graph, Inc., a total of $25,000 (plus costs) for his role in the purchase by James Lauffer of a half-interest in Rachel Alexandra.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates