Bill Cubbedge's Molly Morgan took to a class drop and eked out a victory Aug. 9 in the $100,000 Gardenia Stakes (gr. III), staving off the late run of Tapit's World to claim the Ellis Park test by a head.
Bill Cubbedge's Molly Morgan shot through an opening along the rail on the final turn and drew away to an easy upset victory in the $216,200 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs the evening of June 14.
The $150,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) set up perfectly for a closer at Calder Casino & Race Course on July 6, and Mico Margarita took full advantage to win his first graded stakes for J. Kirk and Judy Robison.
- By Ron Mitchell
Consultant Jerry Brown, who was awarded $25,000 for his role in the sale of Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, has appealed that ruling, contending that he is owed more than $4.7 million.
A Circuit Court judge in Kentucky has awarded Jerry Brown, who operates Thoro-Graph, Inc., a total of $25,000 (plus costs) for his role in the purchase by James Lauffer of a half-interest in Rachel Alexandra.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin