Champion sprinter Benny the Bull will stand the 2015 breeding season at John and Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm, in Ocala, Fla., according to an announcement made by owner Greg James. His fee has not yet been determined.
International bloodstock agent Renato Gameiro of Albatroz Bloodstock and owner Greg James have reached an agreement to shuttle 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull to Brazil.
Benny the Bull, whose undefeated 2008 season earned him an Eclipse Award as North America's champion sprinter, will stand the 2012 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington, Kentucky.
Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull will stand in 2010 at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
Benny the Bull, the 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter when he won all four starts, has been retired from racing and acquired by Greg James.
It takes a great deal to dethrone a champion, and after Midnight Lute's powerful repeat victory in the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), it was assumed by many that the defending sprint champion had accomplished enough in that race alone to secure a second Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts