Undefeated 3-year-old Lost in the Fog worked five furlongs in 1:00 2/5 handily Thursday morning at Golden Gate Fields in his final drill for the $1-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
With Bellamy Road opting for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) on the same card, Harry Aleo's unbeaten Lost in the Fog looks to be an overwhelming favorite, once again, when he faces six opponents in Saturday's seven-furlong King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
With the defection of Bellamy Road from the Aug. 27 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) to run instead in the $1-million Travers (gr. I), Lost in the Fog once again looks to have a race at his mercy, something trainer Greg Gilchrist has mixed feelings about.
Jockey Mike Smith received a three-day suspension from Santa Anita stewards for his ride aboard Ulloa in Saturday's second race.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic