Undefeated 3-year-old Lost in the Fog worked five furlongs in 1:00 2/5 handily Thursday morning at Golden Gate Fields in his final drill for the $1-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
With Bellamy Road opting for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) on the same card, Harry Aleo's unbeaten Lost in the Fog looks to be an overwhelming favorite, once again, when he faces six opponents in Saturday's seven-furlong King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
With the defection of Bellamy Road from the Aug. 27 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) to run instead in the $1-million Travers (gr. I), Lost in the Fog once again looks to have a race at his mercy, something trainer Greg Gilchrist has mixed feelings about.
Jockey Mike Smith received a three-day suspension from Santa Anita stewards for his ride aboard Ulloa in Saturday's second race.
Most Popular Stories
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move