Greg de Gannes, an equine veterinarian who parlayed his knowledge of horses into a career as a successful trainer, died Feb. 23 in Boynton Beach, Fla. He was 50.
An overflow field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile Sept. 8.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success