Greg de Gannes, an equine veterinarian who parlayed his knowledge of horses into a career as a successful trainer, died Feb. 23 in Boynton Beach, Fla. He was 50.
An overflow field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile Sept. 8.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American