Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has ruled that horse meat may not be shipped through Texas en route for foreign destinations.
The addition of video lottery terminals at Texas dog and horse tracks will be one of the items discussed when the Texas state legislature convenes for a special session beginning on April 20. The special session can last as long as 30 days and the governor can call as many sessions as he wants.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has declared voters must approve an amendment to the state constitution before any of the 10 licensed horse or Greyhound tracks in Texas can install video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail