Favored Zagora found firm going much to her liking in capturing the $250,000 Ballston Spa Stakes (gr. IIT), presented by Jose Cuervo, in record time on the inner turf course Aug. 25 at Saratoga Race Course.
Bettors made Zagora the even-money favorite in the $150,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) and she rewarded their faith in her.
Zagora's great turn of foot delivered a win in the Hillsborough Stakes, just 3/5ths of a second off the Tampa Bay Downs track record for 1 1/8 miles on the turf.
Zagora earned her first United States win in five starts when she charged home on the outside to tally convincingly in the $500,000 Diana Stakes (gr. IT) on the Saratoga turf July 30.
Green Tune, a French champion and sire, was euthanized in early January after fracturing his right hind leg.
Fuisse came charging down the center of the course and prevailed in a blanket finish to the Prix du Moulin de Longchamp (Fr-I) Sept. 5.
Lune d'Or recorded a smooth two-length victory in the Premio Lydia Tesio (Ity-I) at Rome's Capannelle Sunday, leading a French one-two in the 1 1/4-mile test for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- 'Salutos,' Dads Caps Clash Again in Tom Fool