Simon Burgess talks with trainer Caspar Fownes, who has Thumbs Up and Super Satin in the Hong Kong Vase, Green Birdie and Lucky Nine in the Hong Kong Sprint, and Fair Trade in the Hong Kong Mile. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Inspiration led home a shocking Hong Kong-based exacta in the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) at Sha Tin under a brilliant ride from Darren Beadman.
The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) has been the long-range target for Green Birdie since early in the year, but a sizzling first-up victory against the sprinters in the Oct. 25 group III Premier Bowl at Sha Tin might have trainer Caspar Fownes reconsidering his position.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale