Arrogate is as great as each individual perceives him, and it has nothing to do with competition or longevity. Years from now, Arrogate's Hall of Fame plaque will be there among the others, and nowhere will it mention the quality of his competition.
Terry Houghton and Jeff Radosevich topped the respective jockey and trainer standings at Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley Race Course when the 67-day winter/spring meet ended April 25.
- By Steve Haskin
Why is Shared Belief beginning to remind me of a pint-sized Forego, a Black Stallion version of Kelso, and a warrior that rivals John Henry? read blog
Great Attack, closing from fifth at mid-stretch, collared favored Bridgetown close to home for a narrow victory in the $150,350 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), the first stakes race on the Kentucky Derby card May 5.
Greatness, a 12-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, has arrived for stallion duty at Randolph Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Greatness, a 10-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, will stand in 2010 at Tarry Bratton's Ghost Ridge Farms near Brogue, Pa
Greatness, a son of Mr. Prospector, was represented by his first winner when his daughter Her Greatness won July 21 at Calder Race Course.
Listen Here closed from far back with a rush in deep stretch to claim victory in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Saratoga Park Saturday.
Saratoga Notebook: Weight-y Matter; Medaglia's Plans Undecided; Shah is Haskell Bound; Volponi's Plans
Unhappy with the weights assigned for the Honorable Miss on Aug. 2, Gold Mover's trainer Mark Hennig said Saturday that his filly and champion Xtra Heat will not face each other in the race.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs has bought a 10% interest in unbeaten 3-year-old Greatness from Ed and Marilyn Seltzer.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road