Mastercraftsman, last year's Cartier Award-winning juvenile male and a classic winner in 2009, will join his sire Danehill Dancer at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Bloodstock agent Brian Grassick died Jan. 7. He had been seriously ill with cancer in recent months.
A Monsun filly out of group I Prix Vermeille winner Sweet Stream topped the trading Nov. 28 at the Tattersalls December Foal Sale when selling for 440,000 guineas to agent John Ferguson.
Prominent European sire Galileo, who underwent colic surgery in September, will stand for a private fee in 2009 at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Leading European sire Galileo was reportedly recovering from colic surgery performed Sept. 18 at Fethard Equine Hospital.
Irish-based Coolmore Stud announced May 12 that legendary sire Sadler's Wells is to be retired from stud duties due to declining fertility.
Holy Roman Emperor, just turned 3, has been retired to stud at Coolmore in Ireland to replace George Washington following the discovery that the latter, last year's top turf miler, has fertility problems.
Prince Arch, a grade I turf winner who beat grass champion Kitten's Joy at Churchill Downs, will stand in 2007 at Bridge House Stud in County Westmeath, Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan