Mastercraftsman, last year's Cartier Award-winning juvenile male and a classic winner in 2009, will join his sire Danehill Dancer at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Bloodstock agent Brian Grassick died Jan. 7. He had been seriously ill with cancer in recent months.
A Monsun filly out of group I Prix Vermeille winner Sweet Stream topped the trading Nov. 28 at the Tattersalls December Foal Sale when selling for 440,000 guineas to agent John Ferguson.
Prominent European sire Galileo, who underwent colic surgery in September, will stand for a private fee in 2009 at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Leading European sire Galileo was reportedly recovering from colic surgery performed Sept. 18 at Fethard Equine Hospital.
Irish-based Coolmore Stud announced May 12 that legendary sire Sadler's Wells is to be retired from stud duties due to declining fertility.
Holy Roman Emperor, just turned 3, has been retired to stud at Coolmore in Ireland to replace George Washington following the discovery that the latter, last year's top turf miler, has fertility problems.
Prince Arch, a grade I turf winner who beat grass champion Kitten's Joy at Churchill Downs, will stand in 2007 at Bridge House Stud in County Westmeath, Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch