The ever-popular tall fescue grass, for instance, contains a fungus that can be toxic to pregnant mares and, potentially, exercising horses. Download Now
Castleton Lyons' Laureate Conductor is the 3-2 morning line favorite for the 1 1/8-mile Kent Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 5 at Delaware Park.
Comparing pasture samples from 2002 and 2003 didn't associate Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome with anything other than the Eastern tent caterpillar. However, Wayne Long of the University of Kentucky's Department of Agronomy provided some insight on pasture management in Central Kentucky and stressed the dangers of tall fescue toxicosis.
Mowing. Spiking. Watering. Tamping. And don't forget worrying. Leif Dickinson, turf course superintendent at Santa Anita, has been doing all of those things to ready the grass for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Mike Venezia Memorial Award to Go to Pino
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rabada Strikes for Second Group I Win in SAf