A group III winner in France back in 2013, Trevor Stewart's Stellar Path broke through with her first graded score in North America Oct. 17 at Belmont Park, taking the $200,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Mrs. P. K. Cooper's Photo Call grabbed the lead coming off the turn and repelled the late run of Cushion (GB) to tally her first stakes win in the $100,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 29 at Monmouth Park.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Making her first start in the United States, French import Testa Rossi came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose over Sky Painter Oct. 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
- By Vic Zast
Ramseys Set Saratoga Owners' Record. read blog
With Granny Mc's Kitten's victory in the $100,000 P.G. Johnson Stakes Aug. 28, owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey set a modern-day record for single-meet victories at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double