A group III winner in France back in 2013, Trevor Stewart's Stellar Path broke through with her first graded score in North America Oct. 17 at Belmont Park, taking the $200,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Mrs. P. K. Cooper's Photo Call grabbed the lead coming off the turn and repelled the late run of Cushion (GB) to tally her first stakes win in the $100,000 Violet Stakes (gr. IIIT) Aug. 29 at Monmouth Park.
Top-class fillies from the United States and Europe make for a contentious race
Making her first start in the United States, French import Testa Rossi came from far out of it to capture the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose over Sky Painter Oct. 7 on the turf at Belmont Park.
- By Vic Zast
Ramseys Set Saratoga Owners' Record. read blog
With Granny Mc's Kitten's victory in the $100,000 P.G. Johnson Stakes Aug. 28, owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey set a modern-day record for single-meet victories at Saratoga Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam