Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Kitten's Dumplings proved a quirky winner of the $400,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup over 8-5 favorite Alterite at Keeneland Oct. 12 to pick up her first grade I victory.
Favored Kitten's Dumplings, rallying from well off the pace, registered a narrow victory in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes July 24 at Saratoga Race Course for her third consecutive stakes win.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's 3-year-old homebred filly Kitten's Dumplings overcame a poor effort in her last start and notched the first victory of her sophomore season in grand fashion in the May 3 Edgewood Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds