Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Kitten's Dumplings proved a quirky winner of the $400,000 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup over 8-5 favorite Alterite at Keeneland Oct. 12 to pick up her first grade I victory.
Favored Kitten's Dumplings, rallying from well off the pace, registered a narrow victory in the $200,000 Lake George Stakes July 24 at Saratoga Race Course for her third consecutive stakes win.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's 3-year-old homebred filly Kitten's Dumplings overcame a poor effort in her last start and notched the first victory of her sophomore season in grand fashion in the May 3 Edgewood Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker