Millionaire Kelly's Landing will make his first start in graded company since last October when he faces five older horses in the $125,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Calder Race Course will run its first grade I race in 2006, the Princess Rooney Handicap, one of four races upgraded to grade I status by the American Graded Stakes Committee.
Three grade I winners and six other rivals are scheduled to contest Saturday's $500,000 Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) at Suffolk Downs.
For the first time in its 54-year history, Belmont's Prioress Stakes will be run Wednesday as a grade I event. Most of the race's seven starters could make the event their first grade I win as Stormy Pick is the only member of that exclusive club slated to race Wednesday.
Richter Scale earned his first grade I win and broke Laurel Park's track record for six furlongs, winning the Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash by 1 3/4 lengths Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend