Though a measure to expand gambling in New Hampshire and open the door to the possible return of live racing at Rockingham Park failed in the state legislature in May, the prime sponsor of the bill said he will try again.
Testimony on legislation that would authorize casino gambling in New Hampshire began April 16.
New Hampshire edged closer to the expansion of gambling when the Senate Ways and Means Committee voted 4-1 on Mar. 5 to approve a bill that would authorize a single, high-end casino along the state's southern border.
While testifying first before the New Hampshire Senate Ways and Means committee and saying the time to move forward on expanded gambling is now, Gov. Maggie Hassan urged lawmakers Feb. 19 to support Senate Bill 152.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training