Though a measure to expand gambling in New Hampshire and open the door to the possible return of live racing at Rockingham Park failed in the state legislature in May, the prime sponsor of the bill said he will try again.
Testimony on legislation that would authorize casino gambling in New Hampshire began April 16.
New Hampshire edged closer to the expansion of gambling when the Senate Ways and Means Committee voted 4-1 on Mar. 5 to approve a bill that would authorize a single, high-end casino along the state's southern border.
While testifying first before the New Hampshire Senate Ways and Means committee and saying the time to move forward on expanded gambling is now, Gov. Maggie Hassan urged lawmakers Feb. 19 to support Senate Bill 152.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Equestrian Group Earns International Award
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience