Lauburu, a half-brother to dual champion Ashado, held on by a nose to graduate in his first time out Nov. 13 at Aqueduct.
Goulash, dam of two-time champion Ashado and two other graded stakes winners, was euthanized Sept. 30 because of founder.
When Goulash's Unbridled's Song colt brought $925,000 to top the opening session of the Keeneland September yearling auction Sept. 14, the prognosis for the Mari's Book mare looked grim. She is battling laminitis, and there were concerns that she would need to be euthanized just days after her son had been sold.
The first session of Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale concluded Sept. 14 with major declines in gross, average, and median prices.
A half-brother to dual champion Ashado was bought by agent Demi O'Byrne for $925,000, top price during the first session of the Keeneland sale Sept. 14.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Sunriver has found a home on the turf after taking a front-running victory in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Belmont Park inner turf course Sunday.
Two-time champion Ashado, who sold for a world record $9 million, produced her first foal, a Storm Cat colt, March 18.
Goulash, the dam of champion Ashado, welcomed a half-brother to that top runner March 21 when she foaled a Storm Cat colt at Taylor Made Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes