Lauburu, a half-brother to dual champion Ashado, held on by a nose to graduate in his first time out Nov. 13 at Aqueduct.
Goulash, dam of two-time champion Ashado and two other graded stakes winners, was euthanized Sept. 30 because of founder.
When Goulash's Unbridled's Song colt brought $925,000 to top the opening session of the Keeneland September yearling auction Sept. 14, the prognosis for the Mari's Book mare looked grim. She is battling laminitis, and there were concerns that she would need to be euthanized just days after her son had been sold.
The first session of Keeneland's marathon September yearling sale concluded Sept. 14 with major declines in gross, average, and median prices.
A half-brother to dual champion Ashado was bought by agent Demi O'Byrne for $925,000, top price during the first session of the Keeneland sale Sept. 14.
Aaron and Marie Jones' Sunriver has found a home on the turf after taking a front-running victory in the $150,000 Bowling Green Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 3/8 miles on the Belmont Park inner turf course Sunday.
Two-time champion Ashado, who sold for a world record $9 million, produced her first foal, a Storm Cat colt, March 18.
Goulash, the dam of champion Ashado, welcomed a half-brother to that top runner March 21 when she foaled a Storm Cat colt at Taylor Made Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal