Moonlight Cloud unleashed an astounding burst of speed from last and wore down pacesetter Gordon Lord Byron to capture the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) by three lengths Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Gordon Lord Byron hit the front a quarter mile out and put daylight between himself and 12 rivals for a brilliant win in the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 7 at Haydock.
In a highly anticipated clash, Moonlight Cloud easily wore down elite sprinter Lethal Force and stormed to a Deauville course record Aug. 4 while winning the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) for a third time.
Lethal Force gave a masterful performance on closing day at Royal Ascot, making nearly all the pace for a convincing two-length win in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the marquee event June 22.
Society Rock will bid to become only the second horse in more than 50 years to win the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I) twice when he takes on 17 opponents June 22, the final day of the 2013 Royal Ascot meeting.
Ambitious Dragon overcame a raft of problems, including an injury the day before the race, and still produced a dramatic run to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) Dec. 9 by three-quarters of a length.
Gordon Lord Byron registered his first group victory when he swept to the lead deep in the straight for William Buick and held on well in the Qatar Prix de la Foret (Fr-I) over heavy turf at Longchamp Oct. 7.
Overlooked at 10-1, Society Rock benefited from a savvy ride by Kieren Fallon to capture the $349,000 Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) at Haydock Park Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses