A half-sister to 2006 champion 2-year-old filly Dreaming of Anna was foaled March 15 at Greg Goodman's Mt. Brilliant Farm near Lexington.
Jess Jackson, the California winemaker who has been pushing for ethics reform in public and private horse sales since filing suit against three former advisers last September, should have felt right at home Wednesday while addressing a roomful of attorneys attending the University of Kentucky Equine Law Seminar in Lexington.
Greg Goodman has purchased the former home of Man o' War, Faraway Farm near Lexington. Goodman plans to rebuild the barn that housed the stallion and his breeding shed, and add the acreage to his Mt. Brilliant Farm.
Chris McCarron, whose mounts have earned more money than any jockey in history, seems destined to expand that figure on Sunday when he takes his last ride on Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) champion Came Home in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work