A half-sister to 2006 champion 2-year-old filly Dreaming of Anna was foaled March 15 at Greg Goodman's Mt. Brilliant Farm near Lexington.
Jess Jackson, the California winemaker who has been pushing for ethics reform in public and private horse sales since filing suit against three former advisers last September, should have felt right at home Wednesday while addressing a roomful of attorneys attending the University of Kentucky Equine Law Seminar in Lexington.
Greg Goodman has purchased the former home of Man o' War, Faraway Farm near Lexington. Goodman plans to rebuild the barn that housed the stallion and his breeding shed, and add the acreage to his Mt. Brilliant Farm.
Chris McCarron, whose mounts have earned more money than any jockey in history, seems destined to expand that figure on Sunday when he takes his last ride on Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) champion Came Home in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival