Peppers Pride's attempt to break the modern mark for consecutive wins by a North American Thoroughbred has been on hold for more than a month, yet her shot at glory may once again be at the mercy of the weather.
Undefeated Peppers Pride will be heavily favored when she goes for the modern-day North American Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive victories in the $55,000 Lincoln Handicap at New Mexico's Ruidoso Downs on July 27. Threatened thunderstorms, though, could keep her in the barn.
The unbeaten Peppers Pride, the queen of New Mexico racing, goes for her 15th straight win in the $100,000 Sydney Valentini Handicap at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino March 23.
Undefeated Peppers Pride earned the 13th consecutive victory of her career when she dispatched her rivals in the stretch run of the $182,460 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup