Peppers Pride's attempt to break the modern mark for consecutive wins by a North American Thoroughbred has been on hold for more than a month, yet her shot at glory may once again be at the mercy of the weather.
Undefeated Peppers Pride will be heavily favored when she goes for the modern-day North American Thoroughbred record of 17 consecutive victories in the $55,000 Lincoln Handicap at New Mexico's Ruidoso Downs on July 27. Threatened thunderstorms, though, could keep her in the barn.
The unbeaten Peppers Pride, the queen of New Mexico racing, goes for her 15th straight win in the $100,000 Sydney Valentini Handicap at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino March 23.
Undefeated Peppers Pride earned the 13th consecutive victory of her career when she dispatched her rivals in the stretch run of the $182,460 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award