by Anne Peters
Black Caviar raced from ages 2 to 6 with 25 starts, and was never beaten. She's just been retired, and thoughts now turn to which stallion her owners will send her to in the upcoming breeding season.
by Anne Peters
Gai Waterhouse had a pretty good feeling last winter that Overreach would win the $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I), and the filly delivered her trainer a fifth victory in the world's richest 2-year-old race April 6.
Two-year-old colt Pierro remained unbeaten in four starts when he collared pacesetter Snitzerland for a half-length victory in Australia's $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) at Rosehill April 7.
Melbourne's top jockey Damien Oliver wowed them with a pari of group I wins on one of Sydney's biggest racing days March 31, almost on the second anniversary of a race fall which threatened his life and his saddle career.
It was the run of a born superstar and when Mimi Lebrock overcame every obstacle to land the (Aus)$1 million Conrad Jupiters Magic Millions 2-Year-Old Classic (1,200 meters) at the Gold Coast, and everyone knew they had seen something special.
The world's richest 2-year-old race, the $2.8 million (U.S.) Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I) over 1,200 meters (six furlongs) run at Rosehill Gardens in Sydney, takes place this Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55