Super Saver, last year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner, will shuttle to Eliza Park Stud near Kerrie, Victoria, Australia, this year.
- By Ric Chapman
Widden Stud buys Sebring for a reported AUS$30 million. The son of More Than Ready will enter stud next year.
One week after his Golden Slipper victory, Sebring wins the Sire's Produce Stakes, the second leg of the 2-year-old Australian Triple Crown. He will contest the one-mile Champagne Stakes May 3 in an attempt to sweep the series.
It was a stunning result for the "little man" and champion trainer Gai Waterhouse let everyone know that when allowed to speak at the presentation of this year's AAMI Golden Slipper Stakes ceremony at Rosehill Gardens on April 19.
Just three days out from the running of the world's richest juvenile race, the Aus$3.5-million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aust-I) at Rosehill Gardens, two major Australian stud farms have taken pro-active steps and gambled millions.
Not only will the second wave by Redoute's Choice smash the 2-year-old earnings record for an Australian season, they could double the current mark before the season ends July 31.
Ethereal, Calaway Gal, and jockey Scott Seamer were the big winners at Rosehill over the weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move