The first reported foal by Heavy Breathing, a full brother to prominent New York sire Frost Giant, is a bay filly born Feb. 2 at Dutchess Views Farm near Pine Plains, N.Y.
Big Brown, champion 3-year-old of 2008 when he won the first two legs of the Triple Crown and a leading third-crop sire, will stand the 2015 season in New York.
Heavy Breathing, the full brother to grade I winner and sire Frost Giant, will stand his initial season in 2014 for a fee of $2,500 at Dutchess Views Farm in Pine Plains, N.Y.
Following the record-breaking success of last year's top New York freshman sire Frost Giant, a group including that stallion's principal owner will stand his full brother, stakes-placed Heavy Breathing, in New York in 2014.
David J. Lanzman, who announced March 30 that 50% of his homebred Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) contender I Want Revenge had been sold to IEAH Stables, has purchased 25% of IEAH's champion filly and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Stardom Bound.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile