Of the seven horses headed postward in the $100,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park May 10 - from the lightly-raced Lucky Island to the hard-knocking Callmetony - every one looks like a legitimate contender.
City Attraction ground past pacesetter Debussy mid-stretch and proved best in the final strides to win the $105,100 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters on a muddy and sealed Aqueduct inner racing strip Dec. 29.
Fox Ridge Farm's Naughty New Yorker beat Carminooch by a half-length Wednesday in the $150,000 Albany Stakes for 3-year-old New York-breds at Saratoga Race Course.
Henry C. Gregory's Gold and Roses pulled away from the front-running favorite Galloping Grocer on a sealed, sloppy main track at Saratoga Race Course Wednesday under jockey Edgar Prado for a 6 ¾-length victory in the $250,000 Cab Calloway Division of the New York Stallion Series.
Accountforthegold led every step of the way while setting a stakes record in the $168,400 New York Derby for New York-bred 3-year-olds at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack on Saturday.
Naughty New Yorker, winner of the first leg of the "Big Apple Triple" last month, heads a field of 12 entered for the $150,000-added New York Derby Saturday at Finger Lakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture