With Jose Ortiz setting her loose three wide turning for home, Royal Lahaina pounced on the lead, opened a two-length advantage in mid-stretch, and was never threatened late in upsetting the $300,000 Go for Wand Handicap.
Barry Schwartz' 4-year-old daughter of Tiznow gets her first graded stakes victory Nov. 25 at Aqueduct.
Seattle Smooth, second choice behind Proud Spell, pulled away from the 2-5 favorite in the stretch to win the Sept. 20 Fitz Dixon Cotillion Stakes (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park. She won the $750,000 race by 2 1/2 lengths.
Pandora Farms' prohibitive favorite Dance Away Capote returned to racing with an impressive victory in the $100,300 Go For Wand Stakes at Delaware Park Saturday.
Pandora Farm's Dance Away Capote, scratched from the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) because of a temperature, is the morning-line favorite in a field of seven for Saturday's $100,000 Go For Wand Stakes at Delaware Park.
Locally based Hennie's Song remained unbeaten and notched her first career stake victory in the $100,000 Go For Wand Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday.
After a twisted and bent right shoe compromised her chances in her last effort, Susan Shipp and Cindy Polk's Coquettish will look to rebound when she faces nine rivals in the $100,000 Go For Wand Stakes at Delaware Park on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident