The Bluegrass Equine Digest, a monthly e-newsletter providing information from the equine research facility at the University of Kentucky and the university's new Equine Initiative, will launch June 28. It was developed through a partnership with UK's Gluck Equine Research Center and the Equine Initiative and presented by TheHorse.com and sponsor, Pfizer Animal Health.
High incidences of leptospirosis-induced abortions in Central Kentucky horses could be caused by a tandem effect of temperature and precipitation in certain years, said Capt. David Hall of the U.S. Air Force.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose