With the Dubai World Cup preps concluded and the big night only a few weeks away, I thought I would get everyone in the mood by reprinting a feature my daughter Mandy wrote for Dubairacenight.com in 2010 about her experiences.
Gloria de Campeao, winner of the 2010 Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-I), will begin his stallion career in Sweden.
Gloria de Campeao, who won the world's richest race when he beat 13 rivals in this year's $10 million Dubai World Cup Sponsored by Emirates Airline (UAE-I), has been retired from racing after suffering a tendon injury.
In a desperate drive to the wire in the world's richest race, Brazilian-bred Gloria de Campeao nosed Lizard's Desire and Allybar in the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at the sparkling new Meydan Racecourse March 27.
Gloria de Campeao sprung a 16-1 upset and odds-on favorite Midshipman finished fifth in the $200,000 Al Maktoum Challenge Round 1 (UAE-III), the featured event on opening day at brand new Meydan Racecourse Jan. 28 in Dubai.
Castleton Lyons' Gio Ponti notched his fourth consecutive grade I victory Aug. 8 at Arlington Park, as he rolled to a 1 1/4-length win in the Arlington Million (gr. IT) under Ramon Dominguez.
Often times, European horses are the focus of attention in the internationally prestigious Arlington Million (gr. IT). And while the 2009 edition of the race does include three capable foreigners, it is a trio of terrific American horses that are the ones to beat this time around.
Front-running Well Armed, under a snug hold by jockey Aaron Gryder, cut loose at the head of the straight and romped to a record 14-length victory in the $6 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) March 28, the final race to be run at Nad al Sheba.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters