Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Barring something truly unforeseen, the Global Sprint Challenge will go unclaimed for another year. read blog
Last year's Japanese sprint champion Curren Chan returned to form March 25 when she captured the $2.47 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse by a neck over San Carlo.
The sixth leg of the Global Sprint Challenge produced one of the closest finishes in Japan's Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) history when Laurel Guerreiro edged B B Guldan by one centimeter to prevail in the US$2 million event on Oct. 4 at Nakayama Racecourse.
Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Favored Sleepless Night scored a sharp 1 1/4-length victory in Japan's $1.76 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Oct. 5, for her fifth consecutive victory.
Takeover Target romped to the second Global Sprint Challenge title on Sunday, the Joseph Janiak-trained gelding winning the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse.
Hong Kong raider Silent Witness captured the last jewel of the Global Sprint Challenge (Jpn-I) on Sunday afternoon, winning the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita