Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Barring something truly unforeseen, the Global Sprint Challenge will go unclaimed for another year. read blog
Last year's Japanese sprint champion Curren Chan returned to form March 25 when she captured the $2.47 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse by a neck over San Carlo.
The sixth leg of the Global Sprint Challenge produced one of the closest finishes in Japan's Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) history when Laurel Guerreiro edged B B Guldan by one centimeter to prevail in the US$2 million event on Oct. 4 at Nakayama Racecourse.
Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Favored Sleepless Night scored a sharp 1 1/4-length victory in Japan's $1.76 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Oct. 5, for her fifth consecutive victory.
Takeover Target romped to the second Global Sprint Challenge title on Sunday, the Joseph Janiak-trained gelding winning the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse.
Hong Kong raider Silent Witness captured the last jewel of the Global Sprint Challenge (Jpn-I) on Sunday afternoon, winning the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night