Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Oaks, Woodford Reserve Turf Classic, La Troienne, Humana Distaff, American Turf, Eight Belles, Alysheba, Churchill Downs, Churchill Distaff Turf Mile, Sheepshead Bay, Twin Spires Turf Sprint, Edgewood, Pat Day Mile and more.
Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Barring something truly unforeseen, the Global Sprint Challenge will go unclaimed for another year. read blog
Last year's Japanese sprint champion Curren Chan returned to form March 25 when she captured the $2.47 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse by a neck over San Carlo.
The sixth leg of the Global Sprint Challenge produced one of the closest finishes in Japan's Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) history when Laurel Guerreiro edged B B Guldan by one centimeter to prevail in the US$2 million event on Oct. 4 at Nakayama Racecourse.
Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Favored Sleepless Night scored a sharp 1 1/4-length victory in Japan's $1.76 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Oct. 5, for her fifth consecutive victory.
Takeover Target romped to the second Global Sprint Challenge title on Sunday, the Joseph Janiak-trained gelding winning the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse.
Hong Kong raider Silent Witness captured the last jewel of the Global Sprint Challenge (Jpn-I) on Sunday afternoon, winning the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap