Snow Dragon scored a major upset in the $1.9 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) in a light rain at Japan's Niigata Racecourse Oct. 5, registering his first graded victory.
Barring something truly unforeseen, the Global Sprint Challenge will go unclaimed for another year. read blog
Last year's Japanese sprint champion Curren Chan returned to form March 25 when she captured the $2.47 million Takamatsunomiya Kinen (Jpn-I) at newly renovated Chukyo Racecourse by a neck over San Carlo.
The sixth leg of the Global Sprint Challenge produced one of the closest finishes in Japan's Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) history when Laurel Guerreiro edged B B Guldan by one centimeter to prevail in the US$2 million event on Oct. 4 at Nakayama Racecourse.
Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Favored Sleepless Night scored a sharp 1 1/4-length victory in Japan's $1.76 million Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse Oct. 5, for her fifth consecutive victory.
Takeover Target romped to the second Global Sprint Challenge title on Sunday, the Joseph Janiak-trained gelding winning the Sprinters Stakes (Jpn-I) at Nakayama Racecourse.
Hong Kong raider Silent Witness captured the last jewel of the Global Sprint Challenge (Jpn-I) on Sunday afternoon, winning the Sprinters Stakes at Nakayama Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move