French-bred Silic, winner of the 1999 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Gulfstream Park has died. The 18-year-old stallion stood in Kentucky and California.
On April 17, 2008, American racing fans were immersed in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), and no one was even giving the Breeders' Cup a second thought. But across the Atlantic, there was a scene being played out that would have a far greater effect on the Breeders' Cup than anyone could have imagined.
Goldikova takes another step Aug. 16 towards a defense of her Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) title when she lines up against eight other rivals in the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Well Armed, winner of the world's richest race, the US$6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), on March 28, has his official rating put up 5 pounds, from 119 to 124, making the best dirt horse currently racing.
Unheralded Gladiatorus humbled a field that included 10 grade or group I winners when he sped to a front-running victory with local jockey Ahmed Ajtebi in the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) over the Nad al Sheba grass course March 28.
British raider Scintillo outran Italian star Gladiatorus in the final furlong to capture the Gran Criterium (Ity-I) for 2-year-olds at San Siro Oct. 14 by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online