French-bred Silic, winner of the 1999 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Gulfstream Park has died. The 18-year-old stallion stood in Kentucky and California.
On April 17, 2008, American racing fans were immersed in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), and no one was even giving the Breeders' Cup a second thought. But across the Atlantic, there was a scene being played out that would have a far greater effect on the Breeders' Cup than anyone could have imagined.
Goldikova takes another step Aug. 16 towards a defense of her Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) title when she lines up against eight other rivals in the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Well Armed, winner of the world's richest race, the US$6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), on March 28, has his official rating put up 5 pounds, from 119 to 124, making the best dirt horse currently racing.
Unheralded Gladiatorus humbled a field that included 10 grade or group I winners when he sped to a front-running victory with local jockey Ahmed Ajtebi in the $5 million Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) over the Nad al Sheba grass course March 28.
British raider Scintillo outran Italian star Gladiatorus in the final furlong to capture the Gran Criterium (Ity-I) for 2-year-olds at San Siro Oct. 14 by a half-length.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment