Nestled on 250 acres inside the sprawling Nelson Jones Training Center near Ocala, Fla., Northwest Stud opened its gates for business in 2012. Download Now
A Malibu Moon--Hollywood Story filly brought a price of $1,350,000 to become the second-highest-priced offering at the midway point of the first session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 9 in Lexington.
Life At Ten, appearing at Gulfstream Park in her first start since a controversial attempt in the Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) last fall, ran second in an optional claiming allowance April 10.
Calder racing and training restrictions lifted after horses test negative for EP.
Four horses at Calder Casino & Race Course were euthanized after testing positive for equine piroplasmosis. A state medical association blames the spread of the non-contagious disease on bad barn management.
Calder Casino & Race Course Sept. 12 placed racing and training restrictions on horses in one of its barns and in an adjacent training center while those horses are being tested for a non-contagious tick-borne disease.
The Nelson Jones Training Center in Central Florida has been acquired by a company with Thoroughbred racing ties that has plans to enhance the prominent complex.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby