Gitchee Goomie, a grade III-winning daughter of City Zip, was the first horse to bring six figures at the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale when she brought a final bid of $250,000 from Frank Stronach's Adena Springs.
Patsy C. Symons' Gitchie Goomie got her first graded stakes score in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Parx Racing July 3.
An evenly-matched field of nine older fillies and mares heads postward July 3 in the $250,000 Dr. James Penny Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT), each seeking her first graded stakes score.
Grade I winner Winter Memories started her 2012 season in fine form with a 2 1/4-length win in the $150,000 Beaugay Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park, giving jockey Eddie Castro his 2,000th North American victory.
Martin S. Schwartz' Stacelita will be going for her second consecutive grade I triumph when she takes on seven others in the Flower Bowl Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1.
Daveron and Straight Story captured a pair of grade III turf events that highlighted the Kentucky Derby Day card before 11,051 at Belmont Park May 7.
Check the Label, under a patient ride from Ramon Dominguez, came from off the pace and pulled away in the stretch to win the $250,000 Garden City Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 18 at Belmont Park for her fourth straight victory.
Lael Stables' 3-year-old filly Check the Label, scratched out of the off-the-turf Lake Placid (gr. IIT) last month, returns to Belmont Park where she seeks her first grade I win in the $250,000 Garden City Stakes.
Two-year-olds on the turf take the spotlight at Woodbine Sept. 19 when Canada's important weekend of racing starts off with the Summer and Natalma (both Can-IIIT) stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board