Giovanni Boldini will take aim at the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. I) Friday, Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park. A victory would make him the first West Virginia-bred to win a Breeders' Cup race.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien and the Coolmore contingent has won the last two Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) contests. They are poised for a three-peat with Irish-based imports Giovanni Boldini and Wilshire Boulevard.
Bobby's Kitten, Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred son of Kitten's Joy, was made the 5-2 morning line favorite after drawing post 5 for the Nov. 1 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT).
Even-money favorite Toormore took the lead at the start and was never headed en route to a clear win in the Goffs Vincent O'Brien National Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds Sept. 15 at the Curragh.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail