Howe Great, a turf horse for now, held off Dullahan by one length to win the $150,000 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) as the 3-5 favorite on the Gulfstream Park lawn March 11.
Howe Great registered a front-running victory in the $100,000 Kitten's Joy Stakes to cap a big week for Team Valor International and trainer Graham Motion, who also started runner-up Lucky Chappy at Gulfstream Park Jan. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park