With $300,000 in graded earnings from the Illinois Derby, Done Talking is now virtually guaranteed a starting spot in the Derby should his owners so desire.
Gin Talking, Maryland Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old filly of 2000, has been retired from racing because of ankle problems and is booked to Dixieland Band.
Gin Talking, who won three consecutive stakes at Laurel last year, was named 2000 Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old filly by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
The Maryland Horse Breeders Association named Gin Talking the 2000 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old filly. The daughter of Allen's Prospect finished the season with three consecutive stakes victories, including her second triumph in a Maryland Million event at Laurel.
Prized Stamp, sent off at nearly 18-1, rallied from last in the six-horse field to win Saturday's $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) at Laurel Park, ending the multiple stakes winning streaks of California-shipper Nany's Sweep and Maryland-bred Gin Talking in the process.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Stacy Mitchhart to Conclude TOBA Dinner
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes