Colts by Darley sires Street Cry and Exceed And Excel brought the top prices on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale in Sydney April 9, each selling for seven figures.
A Redoute's Choice half sister to 2011 Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar was expected to be the star of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia and she didn't disappoint.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver