Colts by Darley sires Street Cry and Exceed And Excel brought the top prices on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale in Sydney April 9, each selling for seven figures.
A Redoute's Choice half sister to 2011 Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar was expected to be the star of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia and she didn't disappoint.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start