Colts by Darley sires Street Cry and Exceed And Excel brought the top prices on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale in Sydney April 9, each selling for seven figures.
A Redoute's Choice half sister to 2011 Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar was expected to be the star of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia and she didn't disappoint.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule