Colts by Darley sires Street Cry and Exceed And Excel brought the top prices on day two of the Inglis Australian Easter yearling sale in Sydney April 9, each selling for seven figures.
A Redoute's Choice half sister to 2011 Australian Horse of the Year Black Caviar was expected to be the star of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale in Australia and she didn't disappoint.
Rick Jamieson of Gilgai Farm in Australia sold a weanling half sister to Zenyatta for $1.5 million during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock auction Nov. 7 in Lexington.
Gilgai Farm, the breeder of undefeated Australian superstar Black Caviar, also is the owner of the weanling half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta that is slated to be offered at the Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Golden Ray First Winner for American Lion
- Agency Selected to Market American Pharoah
- New York Dinner Benefits Grayson-Jockey Club
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab