Scandalous Act won the $300,000 My Dear Girl Stakes in a romp Oct. 12 at Calder Casino & Race Course to complete her sweep of the female division of the Florida Stallion Stakes for owner/breeder Gilbert G. Campbell.
Trainer Kathleen O'Connell can complete a sweep of both the male and female divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes Series Oct. 12 at Calder when she saddles My Brown Eyed Guy and Scandalous Act for Gilbert Campbell.
Onepointhreekarats made her stakes debut successfully for trainer Graham Motion when she drew off mid-stretch to win the $104,250 Thirty Eight Go Go Stakes Dec. 22 comfortably at Laurel Park.
Watch Me Go, sent off at odds of 43-1, outdueled 86-1 longshot Crimson Knight by a neck to post a shocking upset in the $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III) March 12 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Fly by Phil, a 23-1 longshot making his stakes debut, got the graded stakes season off to a rousing start when he ran down odds-on favorite Lost Aptitude in the final jump to win the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. IIIT).
Favored This Ones for Phil was awarded victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) when Big Drama was disqualified for interference in the stretch after posting a track record for seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park March 28.
One should never underestimate the value of a good start. That's what the owner and trainer of Ivanavinalot advise, after seeing their 2-year-old filly dominate the Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Taptowne Looks for Breakthrough in Texas Mile